Saturday, June 27, 2009

Wake up

Today was a very tense, long and emotional day. After receiving word in the early morning hours my partner E's mom had a heart attack, was revived and immediately underwent open heart surgery, I began thinking. It came down to how quickly life can change. Thoughts and memories of this incredible woman I have had the honor of knowing for 8 years started flooding my mind. I looked at photos and prayed. During the time span of the surgery (5 hours), I comforted the emotions of my E. We shared tears, hugs and emotions. I didn't want any bad news and I wanted to answer the phone when it rang, simply because I wanted to lighten E's emotional load and share the news received my own way. The phone rang, I saw the caller ID and I took a deep breath. The news? "All went well, she is in recovery and was very strong." A relief came over me and I immediately awakened E (who from exhaustion took a nap) and gave him the news. We again shared tears, hugs and emotions. I believe I received a wake up today. It is time for me to cherish, appreciate (not that I don't) and never forget a minute can change everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment