Sunday, September 6, 2009
The phone call
It is nice (in an unselfish way) to know that Sarah rests in peace. I have spent the day remembering all the wonderful memories I have with her. I will never forget all the times we flew to Tampa to visit and she would ALWAYS make sure the refrigerator was loaded with diet coke. I remember how she always took us shopping, giving so generously, in ways I treasure to this day. The one item that she always cared about were my shoes. When I worked for the airlines, I literally walked shoes right in the ground. Sarah always bought me such wonderful shoes. It sounds odd but to me, very special. She used to play like 15-20 bingo cards at ONCE while we struggled to keep up with two! She would even mark hers AND catch any we may have missed. She sent daily emails, making me smile and a special way she and I kept in touch. The hardest is not hearing the phone ring EVERY Sunday evening about 6:30 p.m. It was a weekly call to chit chat and say hello. The calls never ended without an "I love you" and I will miss it greatly. I remember, I hold in my heart and will forever cherish the wonderful 8 years I knew such a dynamic, giving and loving person and I will never forget.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment