Sunday, December 27, 2009

Family Holiday 2009

Today, my entire family is getting together at my parent's house for a big holiday extravaganza. As it turns out, my dad is not accepting of my partner. There is no reason why, he doesn't even know him, hasn't taken the time to get to know him in the 8 years we have been together. So, as it is, once again, I am not attending. You would think after all the years, life would MOVE ON and there would not be any drama. Nope. I don't understand it, never will and most likely will end up having to deal with this issue EVERY year. It isn't anything new, for the past 15 years it has been this way. When my grandma passed away in 2007, it became even more difficult. I don't know what else to say besides HAPPY HOLIDAYS HOMOPHOBIC FAMILY. I hear "we love you" and "I love you" from everyone but what the hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment