Sunday, July 5, 2009
Listening
I have learned over the past week the best tool I have are my ears. There is a lot going on in E's family, he is stressed out and feeling overwhelmed. I can offer words of support but I have found the best way to help is to simply listen. I can give my supportive ideas, a hug and assurance I am here for him but being Italian, he likes to talk and express what is on his mind both positive and negative. We have built a net of security in each other and no matter what each day may bring, the net is very strong. We don't know if we will be on a plane tomorrow, being assured all is well for his mom's recovery or anything. The future is not clear right now. I am amazed at how much I can learn and help by simply listening. Its therapy for him during this hard time, I am grateful I am here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment