Saturday, August 15, 2009
Colorado AIDS Walk 2009
Today is the annual Colorado AIDS Walk at Cheesman Park. I go every year, offering only myself as a measure of support to the drastic need to end this devastating pandemic. I know a lot of people who live with the HIV Virus and not only does it break my heart to see some of them suffer, but the uncertainty in the eyes of so many crush my emotions. I remain hopeful that one day, the knowledge, medicine and research will reach a point to where it won't be a life sentence but rather an eraser. I feel those who contract this horrible virus via means they were unable to control are looking for answers. I feel EVERYONE needs to be educated and understand this is not a "it can't happen to me" issue, as it can. I offer my continued support, love and understanding and giving organizations like CAP, Project Angle Heart and others a big hand in all they do. I see the AIDS Memorial Quilt and I see the lives of so many who have been taken yet their memory lives on in the beauty of their own personal reflections on the quilt pieces. I hope one day it can turn around, all over the world and in our own neighborhoods.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment