Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Airline memories
It has been interesting the past 3 nights. I have had vivid dreams of working the gates at DIA for United Airlines. One that was crazy, a Denver to Washington DC flight, oversold and continued from Washington DC to Tel Aviv, Israel. Well, it appeared there were going to be a lot of passengers miss the flight due to late inbound connections. I called all the standby passengers to the podium to give them seats. One lady was complaining about leg room and so I had enough of her and seated her economy plus at no additional charge. Once I got to the end, I noticed a lot of people in line. I then looked at the screen which displays inbound connections and they had ALL ARRIVED. There I was, an oversold flight, every seat taken and revenue passengers standing there looking at me. I had given all the seats to standby passengers! Then, all the sudden, my alarm clock went off and I woke up. Strange yet so real. I have to admit, I miss it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment