Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Two months

It has been two months since Sarah had a heart attack, leading to a chaotic and emotional roller coaster for all. I thought she would bounce back after the bypass surgery, recover and be back to herself, I see it daily, saw it with my grandparents after surgeries. This result is not how it has transpired with Sarah. She remains at Kindred Hospital in Tampa, still on the vent via trachea and not much recovery. I think about her daily as we have gone from "you need to get here if you want to say goodbye" to "she is improving" ... all this coming from the medical staff taking care of her. So, two months later, here she is, in the same state and daily, I wonder how much more will power it will take, how many daily phone calls will continue and what the days ahead will bring. It really is getting to be very exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment